Mission: "To assist young people make positive life transitions through sport and creativity"
Transition Extreme is not just a world class extreme sports facility, it’s a multi award winning youth charity dedicated to engaging with young people via participation in extreme sports and related art and music activities. We have developed a wide range of youth work programmes across Aberdeen City & Shire that are making a real and lasting difference to the lives of young people,. These programmes are person-centred and designed in response to grassroots need. They include community outreach projects, a dedicated Youth Club, and our award winning Academy programmes. In everything we do, we look to support improvements across health & wellbeing, employability, education and citizenship aspects of our society.
What can be more important than investing in the greatest source of energy available to us - that of young people? We work to harness that energy and help them reach their potential. At Transition, we aim to provide these young people with a sense of place, purpose and self .
Our superb facilities for skateboarding, BMX, inline skating, climbing and high ropes course are open to everyone. By using our centre, you are supporting our charity and you can find out more about the impact we are making by going to the Social Impact section of our website.
Thank you for your support. You are helping us deliver our mission.
We have a number of other ways in which individuals, groups and businesses can get involved:
Make a donation to Transition Extreme
Work in partnership with us across CSR, Community, Education, Creative Arts & Sports areas of our organisation
- NHS Scotland Physical Activity and Health Alliance National Award - Education Category 2012
- Aberdeen Impact Awards - Established Enterprise of the Year 2012
- Trend Life with Style Awards - Health Destination 2011
- Trend Life with Style Awards - Health Destination 2010
- Trend Life with Style Awards - The Community Award 2010
- COSLA Gold Award for Excellence in Local Democracy and Community Planning 2010
- Ernst and Young Scotland Social Entrepreneur of the Year 2009
- Socially Responsible Business of the Year 2008
- Enterprise North East Trust - Business Success Under 3 Years 2008
- Northern Lights Tourism Awards - Come to Aberdeen Trophy 2007